Got my package

I just got my package today super fast too.. I love it thank you so much!!! The bakhoor and henna itr smell heavenly. I will be doing celebration henna on my hair this weekend once I get over this darned cold. I cant wait.

Thanks catherine and whoever put my package together I love it

ALMOST right...

Hi there, I could use some help and I know what knowledgeable and experienced artists you guys are so I thought I would ask and hope one (or more!) of you helps me out.

I have a recipe for paste that works well, but after I freeze it and thaw it it seems too runny - it goes on fairly well, then runs together - just enough to ruin intricate designs. I have tried making the paste a little thicker, but if I make it thick enough not to run then it curls up at the end of my cone when I try to apply it (which from what I have read means it is too thick). 

Forums: 

Henna Pony :-D

so I was looking on google images for some design inspiration and thought I would share this find 

http://www.aikarin.com/mlp/customs/mehndi.html

awwwwww I want one !!!

Forums: 

cassia and/or alma on white hair for body/minimize thinning

I am wanting to try non-dye released cassia and/or alma on my mom's solid white hair. My worst nightmare would be making my mother's hair yellow/blonde, as her white hair is absolutely beautiful. I am considering the cassia and/or alma to see if it would help w/body and to minimize thinning.

questions on using dye released cassia

I am talking to my aunt about using dye released cassia to get the soft blonde that I saw in Megumi's post on the old forum (see picture from that post below). my aunt's hair is white at the roots instead of that dark gray, so I think I should get similar results. I'll do some tests when I visit her in July, but it's hard to test the roots. Maybe I can test the roots at her nape. I have the following questions about cassia:

1. how do you deal with the cassia potential for brassiness that Carrie mentioned in Megumi's post?

2. does cassia fade or do you only do root touch-ups?

Lovely photo of henna from the Guardian

A lovely photo of some wedding henna from The Guardian website:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/gallery/2010/may/30/24-hours-in-pictures?picture=363191208

Forums: 

Lowlights using Indigo? To tone down Orangey/red roots

Hi...I was once a lovely Hennaed, long haired lady until I committed the sin and allowed a salon to chemically dye it dark blonde. It is now dry and horrible.

My hair will be VIBRANT as it's gray (although it was a lovely colour and the Henna is pushing it's way through).

To tone down the VIBRANT ORANGEY RED would I be able to LOWLIGHT using a little bit of INDIGO? And how would I do it?

Thank you

HEATHER

More henna plant pictures

It's now a week since the first henna photos I posted. I did another round of shots this morning. It's a perfect setup. I love early mornings and our patio garden is just outside my office door on the east side of the house so I get to shoot as the sun is breaking through the trees. My favorite kind of light.

You can see all the stills at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hennapage/sets/72157624117992486/

or you can view the slideshow at:

Forums: 

Delineating posts and comments

One of the admins asked if there is a way to make the separations between posts and comments more clear. The forum template doesn't have the striping option that you see in some other packages, but it does have a feature that wraps each post in a frame. I've turned on this option. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think.

R.

Pages

Subscribe to forums.hennapage.com RSS