NEWBIE HERE !How long to leave henna on first time?

Just did my strand test & got jet black. Gonna go for it for first time this weekend. How long to leave henna on first time? My hair's mostly black with scattered gray. I have Ancient sunrise for AFRICAN HAIR BLACK. Instructions say several hours. Is that 2,3 4 hours? How long for indigo? It says one hour.Is longer than that bad? Is there a time limit for both?

Moved to a new climate, need some advice

Hi everybody! No one probably knows me but I've been stalking the hennapage forums for roughly 6 years, used to post under the name Rosiecat (got a new pet ;) ) on occasion. Anyway, I've always been interested in henna but never did much but minor paper doodles. Well it's time to change that! I recently moved to a new state and what better time to turn over a new leaf and really pursue all the hobbies I have been putting off? Maybe you guys can give me a hand with getting started :).

Forums: 

Closing the old Forum

To answer the questions about what will become of the old Forum:

hi friends!

hi i am so happy to have found this forum! i will be a new henna head very soon. i just have a few questions and clarifications.  i hope to place my order tomorrow!

I am a level 6-ish light auburn brunette..light to medium brown roots now with sorta golden orangy highlights from previous (chemical-ugh...) colours which have faded..

my goal is to minimize tone down my already brassy orange tones, which are in most of the length in my hair, not the 1.5 inch in roots.. for me i  love auburn and red and golden brown:::

Henna'd my hair for the first time!

Hallo! I thought I'd post here and show the pictures I took today after I hennaed my hair for the first time. 

I started out with medium brown, with more reddish tones toward the ends from when I chemically dyed my hair last summer. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/MarynNeondreamer/MyPhotos/23782_106591432699788_1000004679452.jpg

how often can you henna?

I hennaed last Friday and want to try a different mix. Can I henna again this week?

Orange Hair for a Family Event?

I tried to do this right, and it has backfired bigtime.

Amla/cassia nightmare

Hi all,

This evening, I applied a mix of 100g cassia with 40g amla and water that was left for dye release during the day.  30 mins later, I was fed up with the dripping from underneath the shower cap, so I went to wash it out.  Two washes and conditionings later...all but the top inch or so of my BLONDE hair is black.  Like...gray-green-black.  I got the amla and cassia from Mehandi so in theory they're squared away metallic-salts-wise...

Alright, well this new forum is bright and shiny, and I think my previous question was lost. 

I have below shoulder length dirty-blonde hair (virgin with no grey). I would like an auburn, nothing too warm (ie orangey) and was suggested to try the Yemen. Would you add things like wine/coffee to it to darken it up a touch? If so, how much. 

Copyright violations

Jus' sayin': if you see someone on a social media group that's got stolen images or info on their page, or  blog or webpage ........ SPEAK UP. (If you saw someone shoplifting, would you report it to the manager, or say, "don't do that, it's not yours?)

If they've stolen my (or someone else's stuff) speak up.  Report it to the person who owns the material and/or speak up to the person who's violating copyright law.

Forums: 

Pages

Subscribe to forums.hennapage.com RSS