Do You Gloss?

I've been experimenting with glosses lately (with varying amounts of henna and conditioner), and wonder what other's experiences have been.

I did a 50/50 (henna/conditioner) mix a couple of weeks ago and was surpised by my excellent results-- very shiny and smooth with reduced frizz.  It was easier to apply, easier to rinse, but unfortunately was VERY runny.  I hate that!

What is Your Favorite Henna Recipe?

For now, I do the following:

-200g of Jamila Henna (but will probably start experimenting with Yemen)

-1.5 cups of warm (not hot) green tea

-2 tablespoons of honey

I mix them all together and apply immediately.  I sleep in my henna and it stays on for a total of 12 hours.  I get great results with this mix-- easy to apply, rinse, and leaves me with super shiny, smooth, elongated curls.  

What's your favorite mix??

Henna plant pictures

It's a beautiful mid-spring morning...foggy with a heavy dew just as the sun is coming up. Outstanding light! And it couldn't have come at a better time because our henna plants have started putting out new leaves. A Nikon moment!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hennapage/sets/72157624117992486/show/

Roy

Forums: 

Festival woading/indigo

I just finished up the Minnesota Scottish Fair and Highland Games and my partner and I were able to do some festival indigo. Last year I only did 2 or 3 indigo pieces.  This year there were considerably more. I'm hoping that it will catch on a bit.   Here's a link to the flickr set.  Enjoy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blurberrybuzz/sets/72157624116139144/

victoria

Going from 2-Step Process to 1-Step?

Hi all.

I love the blue black sheen I get from first using henna, then indigo.  But I find it's just such a lengthy, all day process, and I was wondering if I could achieve the same color if I used a 1-step mix.

My hair is naturally an ashy dark brown.  Because of an already dark base, do you think I could use a 1-step process and still achieve the deep blue black that I have right now?  If so, what ratio of henna:indigo should I use?

Thanks for any tips!!

Skin resistant to henna??

I did a hummingbird on my inner arm a few nights ago.  Looks good except for a few spots that didn't seem to take.  Strange thing is the spots are perfetly round!  If they hadn't been so round, I would have thought it was just an bubble where I didn't get the henna ON the skin.

http://s822.photobucket.com/albums/zz150/daydream-designs/what%20the%20h...

So the question is......can skin be resistant to henna?

Forums: 

Home grown Henna

My husband has a coworker that is from India, that is where her family lives.  She says she can get me some great henna that her grandmother grows and fixes up for their family.   It would not have any of the additives (not being for sale, only family use).  She grinds and sifts it herself, and has both henna for hair and BAQ that they use.

Would it be something I could safely check out?  We trust this person very well, and she says her family uses it ALL the time.  They grow it on their land.

I don't suppose there is a way to check dye content or such? 

Bridal Share

This is the last bride I did.  She wanted the works on her hands/arms and sat really well for the first hour.  After that it was a lot of people arriving at the party 2 hours early and a big long dance break.  I'm thankful for Celebration henna as I used it and on the parts of her where it was falling off (from all the dancing and sweating) it was looking incredible!

Forums: 

Bridal Share

This is the last bride I did.  She wanted the works on her hands/arms and sat really well for the first hour.  After that it was a lot of people arriving at the party 2 hours early and a big long dance break.  I'm thankful for Celebration henna as I used it and on the parts of her where it was falling off (from all the dancing and sweating) it was looking incredible!

Forums: 

Help, somebody -- My henna mix is dye releasing already!??

I just mixed up a fresh batch of henna with some freshly squeezed OJ and cool water, started to stir, adding more water as needed.  But the mix got very gluey, and didn't seem to be mixing as well as when I hennaed before.  Thinking it was just too thick, I kept adding a little more water and mixing; it thinned just a little, but the thick, gluey consistency never improved.  What's more, it turned  quite brown, the color I remember it being on top the last time I did it which was my signal that dye release had taken place.  I put a little on my palm and waited about 5 min, rinsed it off and

Pages

Subscribe to forums.hennapage.com RSS