Zanzibar, near 1900

If a single artifact could launch a thesis, this would be that artifact, examing the hundred layers of nuance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50164213@N02/4639838981/in/photostream/

New to Henna wanting to cover gray hair

I have short 1/2 inch long dense tightly coiled natural hair and I want to cover my gray hair.  Just did the Big Chop! Most of the gray is on the sides with patches within my natural dark brown hair.  So, I see celebration would be the best for gray coverage...what else do I need to make my hair dark brown?  When can I condition it?  WIll that make the color fade? I like to co-wash my hair a couple of times a week. How much of everything do I need?

Thanks in advance

Lead levels in pre-Mixed henna paste, to CCJ

Catherine,

I was wondering if you were going to publish the results of the independent testing you have done on pre-made pastes. I have a large community here that loves that certain brand from Saudi and I would like to have the results to show them how dangerous the products can potentially be, expecially for children.

Thanks in advance, Maryam

Forums: 

confused with ordering

Hello Catherine,

This is my first time ordering from your site and im abit confused?  I was wondering do I email you my order or do just push add to cart and pay with paypal? I really want to try celebration henna and some henna attar :)

Thanks Aisha

Relatively accurate and complete article on henna and leukemia in UAE

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100524/LIFE/705239976/1196

"Over the past three months, municipal inspectors have been working their way through the city’s 4,000 salons and sending samples off to the Health Authority for testing. “Eighty per cent of the salons we have seen are using only natural henna,” he says. Fines of up to Dh10,000 and a court summons are issued to salons found to be doing otherwise."

Forums: 

Initial post order changed

A detail that escaped my notice until yesterday is that the posts were arranged oldest first so you had to goto the last page in the sequence or change the order manually every time you checked into a forum.

This morning, I changed the default order of initial posts so the newest posts are first in line.

You still have control over the ordering of the comments with the option bar at the bottom of the comments section.

R.

Henna on nails ???

Does henna on nails need to sit the same amount of time as on skin?

Forums: 

Success

Thanks to all that helped me sort out my non sticking paste issues, I was able to find a mix that worked and did a party last night with great success.  In fact one lady still had her paste on 24 hours later.  I did tell her she could sleep with it and then take it off in the morning.  I think she liked the glitter too much.  But everyone I have talked to said it stayed on great and had a great stain after they took the paste off.  I did 20 gm of henna 1/4 c lemon juice 2tsp of dextrose and 1/2tsp of agave necture.  As long as it is cold it holds a great line so I kept a couple of cones in

Forums: 

The hero's body

I think everyone, at least once, has tried to look like someone they really admire.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4632955499_2f020ba6e7_o.jpg

This can go from buying a fan teeshirt to reworking onesself in front of the mirror, to Carnivale, to Brett .... in the link above, who was 4 1/2 and was very, very happy that Christmas morning.

I got a Davy Crockett outfit about the same year.  I was very upset that I was not allowed to wear it to church.

Forums: 

Getting hard water buildup out of hair

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to get hard water buildup out of hair- my hair suddenly went from deep red/burgundy to very much more brown pretty much immediately after I moved. I know henna will go more towards brown but my water has so much copper in it that it turns GREEN on contact with soap- I'm almost positive THAT has something to do with it.

Pages

Subscribe to forums.hennapage.com RSS