Rain, hummidty, henna :-( paste question

Hello,

I'm sitting here watching the rain pour down from the sky. Later this afternoon I'm supposed to apply henna under a tent at out local Relay for Life. We're supposed to have showers on and off all day. I'm afraid this might not work out. I figure I can still do hands or fingers... but will it take forever to dry? Will it get wet again and smudge...:-(

I had mixed my henna earlier this week: 100gm henna, 7 tsp dextrose, 5 tsp EO. I'm worried that with the sugar and the hummidty level it may never dry. What do you think? Would it help to add more henna powder?

Forums: 

Color Fading - faster in sunlight?

Now that I've acheived a color with which I feel comfortable, do I need to protect it?  What about sunlight - will it fade the hendigo brunette?  If so, as it fades, does the color turn more red/auburn?

No Longer Too Red

more pics!

Hi!  I wanted to share a few more pics of a henna done last month.  My daughter had chemical color (auburn) with a bit of new growth (normally light brown/dark blond)  that faded quite a bit.

http://yfrog.com/mgp1080341j

I used Yemen and about 25% Amla (didn't want to relax any of her wave).  She left it on almost 6 hours.  It was quite bright at first which sent her into hysterical laughter then into a mini-panic, but nothing a flat iron coudn't cure  :)    A few swipes of some cut a bit of the day-glo effect.

First Time Henna/Indigo/Amla User. PLEASE READ

Hello All! Hope you are having a good day!

So, I just ordering the Ancient Sunrise kit for Medium Brown hair with 100g or Henna and 100g of Indigo.
I then ordered 25g of Amla.

I have many, many questions as to what to do with my first time. I've already read the e-book and looked at some posts on the forum.

My hair is thinning gradualy, and it's been dyed before(hasn't been dyed in about a year though) The color at my roots is reddish dark brown, it looks black when wet.

What I'm wondering is:

I'm new to henna and new to the henna page forums.

Hi my name is Cyndi. As my subject line says I'm new to henna. I've been researching and watching videos for about 4 months and have started to play around with my henna powder making different recipes and tattooing myself. I've been drawing out patterns as well.  I have tons of questions and am just really excited about learning about the history, traditions and techniques of henna and henna application. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on, including the ebooks offered on the Henna Page. 

Forums: 

henna/buxus

I currently do a 1/2 henna/indigo mix on my hair to cover grays (i have dark brown/almost black hair). b/c indigo is so permanent, i wanted to experiment with buxus. if i use buxus w/ henna in the same ratios, and mix the buxus as i do the indigo, will i still get dark hair? i understand it will fade (indigo doesn't fade on me).......will be it as dark as the henna/indigo mix?

Please post your Thursday Sharing for June 10 into this thread!

Thank you all in advance for sharing!

When you can, post a url for your picture rather than hotlinking the picture.... there are several reasons for this:

Many people have limited bandwidth. If a hotlink pops their picture up every time some opens the thread, they may quickly exceed their bandwidth, and then nobody gets to see their picture.

Its nice to see your picture in the context of the rest of your work!

The page will open more quickly for everyone if the sharing is done with text links rather than hotlinks.

Forums: 

Pics of henna

Hi!

I wanted to post some pics of two henna applications for fun, and also to get some feedback.

My client's first pic shows mostly white roots with ends a faded golden chemical color.

http://yfrog.com/msp1080376j

This pic is after a 3 hour application of Yemen henna (about 20% indigo added)

http://yfrog.com/msp1080412j

This pic is 10 days oxidation.  A little browner/less gold.

Looking for a short Henna Info Sheet to hand out

Hello,

My daughter and I have fallen in love with henna. We are going to apply small henna designs as part of a fundraiser for our Relay for Life team during the R4L walk this Friday. We have henna and gilding paste and glitter gel for the little ones. I'd like to have a small info sheet to give people about the henna, how to care for it and to run screaming away from anyone offering BLACK henna.

Does anyone have something like this they'd be willing to share, or is there a stock one to buy? If I don't have to recreate the wheel I'd rather not. I tend to drone on and on.....

Forums: 

411 on Buxus Gloss How to

just did a henna buxus on my hair and its oxidized and such. want to do a buxus gloss to get more browner color.... any acid needed, sitting time like henna or just wet it down( buxus) w/water and mix with conditioner.... how much? what else to mix buxus with?

[IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn263/mishepard/mynewhaircut030.jpg[/...

Pages

Subscribe to forums.hennapage.com RSS