Another App!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
ACWN
Another App!

So I finally landed myself a job, with Petsmart grooming. My hair is a darker copper from my last application (PP with conditioner), my bangs are still blond. I was told the district manager may have an issue with my two tone hair so I may eventually have to lose my bangs *le sigh* Which bites becaus e I always get compliments on the color.

I decided to nip any possible issues with the orange-ish color in the bud and just finished applying (and covering) a mix of dye released PP and conditioner. Maybe about 60/40 henna/conditioner. Its drippy. But holy cow! I didnt have any gloves and just applied with one hand. Took me about... meh.. 5 - 10 minutes to apply? My palm was bright orange! *laughs* I was expecting it, but I was expecting a lot less orange. Oops.

I'll be leaving it on 2.5 hours (I'll wash it out at about 10:15pm Mountain time) and see what that does. I'm hoping it will darken the color down and make the color blend between the length and my current roots, and push the color a little more towards auburn rather than copper (which I love.. but apparently Petsmart is REALLY strict about hair color and my color may or may not fit within code).

So I may have to color my bangs too. Once my color oxidizes, I'll post a few pics. Carrie - I may need a suggestion on how long to leave a full strength henna in to get it to match, or closely match, the rest of my hair. I'm thinking about 4 hours or two 2.5 hour applications since my bangs are REALLY blond...

mrsgear
Re: Another App!

Congrats on the new job!  It's a shame you have to sacrifice your two-toned 'do (sounds neat)... Please do post pics & good luck with your experiments

ACWN

Thanks!

I may not yet have to, it depends on what the district manager says when he shows up. By that time, my henna-ed hair will have oxidized so it wont be as intensely orange as it is right now. I hope I dont have to - I dont see a reason why I should. I get compliments on it all the time. Plus theres a girl that works in grooming that clearly doesnt know how to groom herself. It sticks up all over the place and its not a style, she just doesnt DO anything with it. Mine might be two toned, but at least its groomed! Even if I dont do anything with it, its cut in a way that it looks cute all the same. Or, was... its grown out a little odd.

*sigh* [/vent rant] Sorry.

This is how my hair was just yesterday, shortly after my most recent cut back in June/July. It wasnt that intensely orange in most lighting, mind you.

This is the color right now after henna-ing last night. Almost 24 hours. Its about 6:40 pm Mountain right now. Its still fairly bright out, but there was no sun where I took the picture. It still flares up really orange under bright lighting (and as you can see I need a trim), but I think thats pretty close to what it will look like in a few days, maybe a little more brown at that point though. Its MUCH closer to what my natural color used to be. Makes my bangs look super bright, lol

Carrie

Congratulations on the job! I hope you love it.

I think two 2.5 hr apps will be stronger than a single 4-hr one, but even a single 4-hr one will help blend the difference so you don't look two-toned. 

ACWN

Thanks, Carrie! So far, I am. We'll see about that in 6 months, lol. I think I will still. I get to work with dogs, which is cool.

Kay, thats what I figured. I gotta go back and do my roots with a strong gloss... they didnt pick up much color, which is odd. I know I got the roots. Oh well. Tomorrow I'm going to hit them with the gloss. I was going to do it today, but I've run out of steam. Got my hair cut, yay! Will share pics in a bit.

mrsgear

Ooooooo... nice color!  How do you get such a fantastic shade--are you naturally blonde? 

I did a strand test with some samples from Mendhi and I am really surprised by how it creates the illusion of lightening my current color (but I've read enough here to know that isn't possible) It must be that it is shinier and catches the light better.  Either way, I'm enchanted :)  Can't wait for my order to arrive~

Hopefully PetSmart will allow you to keep the blonde bangs; they're fun!

ACWN

Nah, I was a natural redhead. My color darkened to a mucky brown a couple years ago and I started coloring my hair chemically, including bleaching. Trashed it. Cropped it short and started on henna. I still have to bleach it to get the color I want, but since I'm now shooting for a more auburn color, I dont think I'll have to bleach it any more.

I'd bleached my bangs out to originally dye them green and found I liked the blond and orange combo so much that I kept it. That was... '05-ish. Now I do my own mix of developer and bleaching powder. For my bangs I make it strong and let it go for about 15 minutes to get a pale blond. For my roots I make it kinda weak and mix in hair cholesterol to protect my hair. We'll see what color I get after the glossing my roots. I hope I can keep them too.

Yeah, it can appear lighter cause it reflects more light. Its great, isnt it??

EDIT: New cut, color oxidized 24 hours - 1, 2, 3

3 is also a close up with the flash, no more orange. It looks a lot brighter outside and under bright florescent lighting, but its much darker than it was 2 days ago.

Carrie

Que cute!

diamond_lvr

OMG.  I so wish you were my hair stylist.  Your hair color is gorgeous.  I can never get my hair this color.  It looks so good on you too.

ACWN

Lol, aww thanks diamond! On both the stylist and color counts. This is actually two layers of PP stretched with conditioner (basically a super strong gloss) left on for 2.5 hours a couple months apart on previously bleached hair. I actually got my roots to match fairly close. Its just a few shades darker... I think I'll be okay with that now.