question about what kind of tea to add to henna

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sallymay
question about what kind of tea to add to henna

In the section of henna Hair mixes I came across

Anya's Mix.

In this she explains that she uses chamomile tea, now I do not have just chamomile tea but I have a tea called "sleepytime tea" that has chamomile in it.

The other ingredents unclude: sperment, west indian lemon grass, Tilia black flowers, Blackberry leaves, Orange blossoms, Harthorn and Rosebuds.

I was wondering if this would be okay to mix into the henna or if it would change the outcome because of the other ingredents included in this tea. I'm aiming for a very deep red, I don't want to take my chance of not getting my deep red color because of the other ingredents.

If anyone could answer this it would be great help. Please and thank you

Carrie
Re: question about what kind of tea to add to henna

That will be fine. Any kind of tea should work.

ladytetsu

I've used sleepytime myself and it came out fine, if you needed additonal reassurance.

xyz

...and I have used strongly-brewed chamomile, "sleepy time", chai (made my henna smell delicious, BTW), green, jasmine, rooibos, Lipton, red zinger, Earl Grey, orange spice, English breakfast...sometimes with a splash of lemon or orange juice, and sometimes without.  All have worked fine.  The only caveat is that one needs to watch for dye-release closely, because when one adds varying tea types to other factors such as liquid and room temperature, timing can be a little unpredictable. 

Just a note for anyone else who might be reading:  Be aware, if you're sensitive to caffeine, that some of these teas have a good amount of it.