The color of indigo

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Katarzena
The color of indigo

So today I've started doing my strand and allergy test, strand test is sitting soaked in henna (later I'll put indigo over it I'm going for two step process)

I have a piece of indigo and a piece of henna on my arm for allergy test. I'll keep them for 1 hour and then wait for 24 hours to see if I'll get a reaction. Is that rigt?

Okay my question is how is indigo suppose to look when I miit with water?Henna and indigo that I bought are 100% clean, they are the same color as on this site, but when I've mixed indigo with water it became kind of dark greenish not blueish? I have put a paper on it and it left light green mark not blue.

Hena is okay it became brown.

What do you think about this?

Jen
Re: The color of indigo

You've got it right with your patch test.

Indigo looks green until it oxidizes, so that sounds about right too. If you wait a while you'll see the green spot turn blue.

Henna should look brown when it releases. It the color of the red dye combined with the green leaves.

Katarzena

Thank you for answering Jen. (:

I have one more question. If I decide to go really dark brown instead of black, should I do the base with henna first and then apply my henndigo mix? I know henndigo for really dark brown containts a lot of indigo so I would be scared of turning green/blue? (I have dark ash blonde hair naturally)

Is that neccessary?

ACWN

I would recommend it, yes. The color is more likely to show up slightly green rather than blue and probably wont hold very well - which is the main reason why I recommend it. Having a good base of henna for the hennigo to hold onto is a very smart idea.