Yogurt, coconut milk mix and Henna

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
garner
Yogurt, coconut milk mix and Henna

Hi Everyone!!!  I would like to know if I can use Outdated Full Fat Yogurt in my Henna Mix?  I would like to mix some up Tomorrow night.  Thank you.

M. Garner

Carrie
Re: Yogurt, coconut milk mix and Henna

That's okay to do. Depending on much you add, yogurt may dilute the dye but it will add moisture. Some say it's not the best for gray coverage, and I wouldn't put anything fatty on my hair prior to indigo, but otherwise it's okay to put in your henna.

What about the coconut milk, are you adding that too? One or the other would probably do, not sure why you'd need both.

garner

I usually add about tea, 3 to 4 Tbsps (Heaping) of Yogurt and 15oz can of Coconut milk along with Honey in a large bowl to 350 to 400 gm of Henna.  This was a recipe that someone on another hair board used.  I mix and freeze until the day I am ready to use, at which time I allow the mixture to defrost about 12 hrs, stir and apply to freshly washed, detangled hair.  I did not realize I could use either until recently.

I haven't used indigo as of yet.  I did not know yogurt would dilute the dye.

karenh

I used yoghurt in a gloss and really liked the results. Soft and shiney and nice color. But I have no experience using it in a regular application. Would like to see how it comes out.

garner

I have used this mixture with fresh yogurt twice with good results.  I did not know that Henna could be affected by yogurt (regarding the quality of the color).  Thanks