Henna *over* indigo

1 post / 0 new
xyz
Henna *over* indigo

Hello friends!

I've been using henna, indigo, and amla (all from this site) for a couple of years now.  I usually do 50/50 hendigo, sometimes more indigo than henna, and sometimes henna by itself.  I've always been very happy with the results on my very dark hair, and still am. 

However, now I have more and more grays, and those auburn strands that once were my grays are starting to look very obvious amongst the dark hair.  I have tried leaving my hendigo on 2 hrs. rather than 4, using Yemen, layering Celebration over that, hendigo glosses...the grays still turn too bright.  Finally, the other day I washed my hair with dish soap, made a salted indigo paste, added a few tablespoons of conditioner to it, and applied for an hour.  That worked!   The grays turned a reddish-golden-brown and blend very well with the rest of my dark brown hair.   I'm thrilled, but at the same time I'm sad that I've lost a little bit of the yummy red flash on the darker parts of my hair.  I'm thinking of doing a henna-only full head treatment.  Is this likely to make my former grays "flare up" again or will they remain darker now that the indigo stuck?

Thanks in advance for your advice!