Chai Kit Results Anyone?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
VenusEnvy
Chai Kit Results Anyone?

Hi All!

I'm thinking about ordering the Chai Kit to color my grey roots and try to blend them in with my hair, which is sort of a dark blond/golden brown color. I searched the forums and saw a number of people saying the Chai Kit made their hair too orange. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue and/or if anyone has any photos of Chai on gray hairs. Thanks!

enissel
admin
Hello,

Hello,

Some hair does pull more red than others. A good clarifying shampoo or Rainwash will help if the cause is from mineral buildup in the hair. I recommend testing on hair harvested from your hair brush first,  to see if the ratio may need adjusted for your hair.

LeeCeeBean
Chai kit

It came out too orange for me too. My natural hair is mostly white now, however I do try to acheive my original color of dark blonde. 

I have just tried 100 grams cassia with 1 tsp each (maybe a little more than 1sp of indigo) of henna and indigo for 2 hours 15 min. It came out very very light.   Nice but I would really want a little more color. I probably I want to see what will happen if I increase the henna and indigo a bit more but not nearly as much as the ratio of the chai kit. 

I'm open for suggestions anyone. 

VenusEnvy
Thanks, LeeCeeBean!

Thanks, LeeCeeBean!

I have found pretty good results with 100g Cassia + 2tsp henna + 1/2 tsp indigo (with 25g copperberry).

I leave it on for 4 hours. It dyes my grays sort of blondish with a gentle reddish tinge. I've tried decreasing the henna but then it gets too light. I'm a little wary of the kits in general after using the Medium Brown Kit, which dyed by hair not medium brown but super dark brown. I'm still growing that out. I was hoping the Chai Kit might be what I'm looking for but it sounds like it's just too red. Perhaps I'll stick with my own mix.

LeeCeeBean
Chai Kit results

Hi VenusEnvy

Thank you for your mix recipe. 

I am curious why you add so little indigo.  Have you ever tried using approx 2 tsps to match your henna amount? I am under the impression that this can tilt it toward blonde. But then maybe you would leave it on so long. 

I know what you mean about growing trials out. My hair has so many colors in it. 

VenusEnvy
I used so little indigo to

I used so little indigo to increase the chances that I'll get a dark blond/light brown result. Any time I have used more, my hair gets too dark.