A Few Questions Please

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
FireKitty
A Few Questions Please

Hi.  I've been using henna for several years.   My natural hair color was dark auburn brown, and I have over 50 percent white at the roots.  (I went prematurely white so I've been dealing with bits and pieces since my early 20s.) 

I keep my henna on for eight to nine hours.   My hair is to the middle of my back and it's thick.  So I use a lot of henna for a lot of hours.   I'm also migraine prone, so you could imagine the next day or two after that.

Is there any possible way I can cut down the time?   If so, how?  I usually mix henna with spring water and chamomile tea.  I've used lemon juice and orange juice in the past.  I still needed eight to nine hours.  So if you could suggest something, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, how could I deepen the root color?  It was darker before but now it's brassy, blonde, and orange.  (I'm probably going "more white" under it all.)

I've mixed indigo in with henna before, and it caused my hair to turn black.  I thought I used too much at the time so a while later,  I tried again - black.  So I would prefer to stay away from indigo.  I used amla in the past but stopped because I didn't think it made a difference at the time.  Is that the solution now?  

If so, how much amla per bag of henna?  Should I mix it in with the henna 12 hours before use, or should I mix it in right before putting it on my head?

Thank you in advance!!

enissel
admin
A few questions.

Hello,

Are you using Ancient Sunrise Rajasthani Twilight Henna,  Zelhara Indigo and Amla?

FireKitty
Hi.  Thanks for responding.

Hi.  Thanks for responding. Yes, that's exactly what I've used.   (Right now, I'm only using henna.)

enissel
admin
A few questions

Hello,

You want to mix 25g of Amla for every 100g of Rajasthani Twilight henna you are using. Mix the amla with the henna and distilled water, let the paste sit for 8-12 hours. Use a clarifying shampoo on the hair and then apply the mixture.

Do you apply the mixture to all of your hair every time or just your roots?