Henna + Indigo + Acacia Catechu

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Milenaangel

Hi henna friends,

I have been a fan of henna for many years- always using 100% henna on my naturally medium brown hair and getting a red ( especially in the sun) deep auburn result which I love but am slightly bored of now. 

I am looking now to get a mid brown result, more in line with my natural hair colour. I don't mind if there is a hint of red. 

I've purchased henna, indigo and something called katha ( or acacia catechu ) from hennaboy in UK. 

My initial thought was to use 50:50 henna and indigo but now that have found this katha powder have become a bit curious about using it. It says on the label that you add 20 gms to 100 gms of henna to achieve a browner result. I am thinking to mix indigo, henna and katha but would really like to find out first if anyone has experience with katha mixed with henna/indigo. 

Any help much appreciated!

Kara

Hi Milenaangel,

This is exactly the question I want some guidance on too.

I use a mix of 60:40 of Sojat henna : indigo (plus an egg yolk) on my medium brown hair with about 25% white. Leaving it on for 1 hr and 15 mins. usually gives a rather golden/red colour to the whites and an overall chestnut/auburn glow to the rest of the hair. Keeping the paste on for no longer than the 1hr 15mins prevents the whites going too orangey.  I really prefer a chestnut colour and sometimes achieve this.  However I find it difficult to strike the balance in achieving good colour uptake by leaving the paste on long enough and not going too orange by leaving the paste on too long.  I was thinking to try next time a slightly higher ratio of Indigo and leave the paste on for 1hr 30 mins. to try to hit on a more chestnut tone before getting too golden. Then I came across the Katha powder

So I am now also wondering if adding some Katha to my mix or fully substituting it for the indigo would lean me towards a soft and rich chestnut brown colour.

I'm also thinking about whether adding coffee might help in achieving this desired chestnut brown I do so love.

So anyone out there experimented with Katha or coffee?

Would so appreciate to hear of your experiences

rchou
admin
Henna

Hello,

This is a forum specifically for discussing Ancient Sunrise products, so I would not be able to answer your questions or make recommendations on other products or brands.

We don't recommend using egg, oils, or anything else in the mix ofther than henna/cassia/indigo and an acidic component.

For chestnut brown, I would recommend using equal parts henna and indigo. For a cooler tone, mix the henna with amla. You can increase indigo as needed for a deeper color. Leaving the mixture on longer will saturate the hair better and avoid the orangey tones, for a deeper richer color. We recommend at 3-4 hours for a henna/indigo mix.

Again, all of this is based on Ancient Sunrise products, and may not be the same with other products.

Kara
Thank you very much for your

Thank you very much for your advice. It is very helpful

kind regards

Kara