Cassia and dye release

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
browny
Cassia and dye release

Hi

I have purchased some cassia and want try this to see if it will cover my greys, now that they are appearing more, and wondered what is the best to use as a dye release.

I have been reading adding lemon to cassia can cause some people to have sensitivity on the scalp as the lemon is too acidic and orange maybe a better option.

I have quite a few fresh oranges that have not been eaten so can I squeeze and use the juice from these to add to the cassia or would I need to buy orange juice in a carton to use ?

Also would just juice be used or a mixture of juice and water ? I also have a bottle of Apple cider vinegar, could this be added also ?

I would add that I live in hard water area so would this make a difference to what I use.

Many thanks Elaine

rchou
admin
Dye Release

Hello,

You can use either orange juice, or diluted ACV. Diluting lemon juice can reduce drying effects also. Apple Juice is often a good choice for sensitive scalps. The juice doesn't need to be fresh, as long as it is real juice. If you have hard water, I would definitely recommend using a Rainwash treatment first, or at least a very good clarifying shampoo, because cassia can interact with mineral buildup to result in a brownish or greenish tone.

browny
Many thanks for your reply,

Many thanks for your reply,

When you say real juice, is this pure fruit juice with nothing added, as alot of the juices seem to have additives or sugar. Also as I live in the U.K. do you know if Rainwash is available here as I have only seen it on a USA site.

Thank you Elaine