How can I lighten or ombre hennaed hair

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
sheena8
How can I lighten or ombre hennaed hair

I am aware it is not possible to lighten your hair with henna, however, I wanted to know if it is possible to lighten your hennaed hair with other products such as lemon, peroxide, rhubarb, honey, chamomile or anything else. I would like to achieve an ombre look but I do have dark brown hair with reddish tints from henna. If it is possible to achieve this with the most minimal amount of damage please share! I do have some grays and I want to avoid coloring my hair for as long as possible but I also want to be able to play around with different colors even if it is not so obvious. Thanks!

rchou
admin
Lightening

Hello,

You can definitely lighten hennaed hair! We have a whole chapter on it! http://www.tapdancinglizard.com/AS_henna_for_hair/Chapter_10_lightening_...

As long as it is Ancient Sunrise henna. We lab-test everything to make sure there are no metallic salts or other chemicals that could cause damage if reacting to lightening agents.

If you have used a henna/indigo mix, I'd recommend strand testing first, because sometimes the indigo doesn't lift completely and leaves a trace of blue/green tinge.

By the way, that's me on the cover so I can assure you my hair did not melt off. I alternated henna and lightening for about a year to have a multidimensional firey look.

sheena8
Lightening

Thank you so much for sending the link! It looks like you got some amazing results. I will upload some pics after I have done it. Thanks!