Henna EMERGENCY: roommate put henna in fridge! Need henna TODAY!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
shesupsidedown
Henna EMERGENCY: roommate put henna in fridge! Need henna TODAY!

Yikes!

I made up a batch of henna last night that I need to use today and apparently sometime between last night and this morning my roommate put it in the fridge.  It had not had a chance to dye release before this was done. 

Should I make a new batch? Or will it be ok to simply sit it on the oven and warm it up? My hair appt is in 7 hours! Any tips on how to speed up dye release without effecting color?

I am concerned if I alter my henna recipe, I wil get a different color which would be diastrous as I am only applying to my roots today.  Just an FYI my recipe is:  warm water steeped with chamomile tea bags mixed with henna and let sit overnight.  Apply next day!

Thank you!

rchou
admin
No Problem!

Hello,

Cold won't do anything to the henna but slow down the dye release. just take it out of the fridge, and maybe put a heating pad over it and wrap the whole thing in a towel. This will speed up the dye release process, so you should be able to have dye release in maybe 5 hours or so. Do not put it in the oven, as the inconsistent heat and high heat will mess up your henna.