Sunshine, no sunset?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
glow worm
Sunshine, no sunset?

Hi!

I've a question re: the Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair Kit:  Sunshine which contains Cassia and Henna in a 4 to 1 ratio (plus a small % of Kristalovino .)  My question is this- if beginning with virgin med brown har with natural glints of red and gold and  a tiny % sparkly silver, would doing full head applications of this product (Ancient Sunrise Sunshine,) ever result in any streaks  or even an entirety of burgundy, purply, wine or otherwise sunset coloring?  I am asking to the end of potentially doing full head applications say once a month or maybe 6 times per year-- and then, continuing into another year and potentially onward.  My concern is that while I do so love the shine and flaming orange streaks, I certainly wish to avoid any cold red, purplish, or burgundy coloring, as such looks horrible with my complexion.  Also I would like not to lose all of the current natural gold in my hair.  In the past, using BAQ henna, the gold is entirely lost and eventually red and purple, burgundy prevail with numerous applications.

Many thanks,

Glow worm.

rchou
admin
Burgundy

Hello,

Because the sunshine mix is mostly Cassia with only a small amount of henna, there is pretty much no chance of it going burgundy. With your hair, it will stay a bright golden red tone. In fact, some customers want that deep wine color and it is almost impossible to achieve with henna. Henna is naturally an orange-red color, so it's possible that the henna you used in the past had something added to it. Even indigo will only shoot henna down to a warm brown or cool brown, but rarely ever a purplish tone.

glow worm
The heat is on....

Hi! I wish to say thank you for your response to my inquiry.   I do love the shine of henna.  It is amazing. No matter what the color.  I wish that I knew how to upload pics, that withstanding I will but say that in the past over the years (10+) using BAQ (from this site) I have indeed gone VERY dark very soon with repeated applications of full head henna.  Also, for anyone wishing to achieve purply burgundy-ish colors I can offer a possibly failsafe method!  Aquire an electric heat cap.  Go ahead and apply the darkest stain (highest % lawsone) BAQ henna available.  Slap the mixture on hair thoroughly indeed, but NOT runny.  Have the consistency of whipped meringue/sticky modpodge/decopauge glue.  Again, NOT runny.  You will thank yourself in the near future for not having an unbearably drippy mess torturing you over time.  You are going to be a willing prisoner for some hours, so don't make it worse by settling for a too thin/runny mixture.  Cover your hair/head with self cling saran wrap, then a shower cap, and finally the electric heat cap and perhaps a towel wrap too...just in case there occurs the occasional errant drip.  Wear the cap turned up med/high switched to low for rest then back to medium, repeat for several hours, as long as you can stand it.  When you are finished, remove head adornments, wash your hair several times, condition and go take a nap or hibernate.  You deserve it.  Upon awakening your hair will be several shades darker, and it will continue to darken over time.  After oxidation, hair will at least be a very very deep auburn and will have deep reds and most likely some burgundy/purple if your starting color was at least a mediumish brown.  If not dark enough yet, do process again.  My guess is that you'll make it!  This happened to me many years ago (over a decade) when I thought to deeply condition my hair.  I had no idea what I was in for as far as the color result.  Hair was gleaming beautifulness.  However the color did not suit my complexion and I was told that repeatedly.  What was done was done and that's that.  IF you are looking for a very deep color with henna, and you have the fortitude and relentless stubborness to wait it out under an electric heat cap... go for it!  Just be sure you are willing to have a very deep stain, because you will have a permanent permanent permanent (did I say permanent) rich stain.  You can always go deeper darker redder purplier... but you cannot go back to original.