least damaging method for removing henna?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Turtlegurl
least damaging method for removing henna?

Hi all --- I've been reading a lot and am wondering which method would be most likely to give me the color I want with the least amount of damage.

I've been doing henna for several years now. I've used Yemen and Punjabi, and in the past few years, I've used a few Surya Brasil colors: Red, Mahogany, and Dark Reddish Blonde. They say they have no heavy metals in their product, which I assume means no metal salts?

So, my hair now has all these different colors in it, and I'm wanting to go from the sorta dark reddish brownish color to a bright, fiery reddish orange. My natural color is dark blonde.

I've been reading about how some people have gotten the henna color out of their hair, with this method (ColorFix, etc):  http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85463

I've also been reading about using developer to lighten my underlying natural hair color, which would then cause the henna in my hair to lighten.

My question is, both in terms of the color I'm going for and the damage it will cause:  would it be best to use the first method first, i.e. trying to remove the henna, and then the second method to lighten my natural color before reapplying the henna color I want? Would I need less developer that way than if I just put developer on it as it is now and tried to hit the right color as it lifts?

Thanks for any input  :)

Turtlegurl
Does anyone have any thoughts/feedback on this?

Thx  :)