How long should I reapply henna?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Antzie
How long should I reapply henna?

I have dark brown hair, and the first time I used henna I left it on for 2 hours. After my roots grew out, I left it on for 3 hours because I wanted it to be redder than it was, and for the roots to blend in. Now that my roots have grown out again, I would like to henna my whole hair again without making the majority of my hair any redder. Would I leave it on for 3 hours again? I'm worried about leaving it on too long and making it too red. :) Thanks!

Antzie
Well...

Well, I guess if no one has any suggestions, I'm just going to do 3 hours. I've heard most people say that if you apply for the same amount of time as you did last time, nothing will change... but other people disagree? But I'm going to try it anyways. :)

Solshine
How did that work for you? 

How did that work for you? 

I touch up my roots when the gray roots start showing and always put it only on my roots and leave it on for 4 hours, which is what I've always done even from the first application.  I've never had a problem and my color still looks great and even.

Antzie
:)

It turned out great! I was kinda worried at first, because it was SUPER orange for the first 3 days or so. But now it's even and the same color it was before. :)

Thanks for the input! :)