Dirty Blonde to Jet Black

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Emerald
Dirty Blonde to Jet Black
What is the difference between "ancient sunrise henna for hair kit: black" and "ancient sunrise henna for gray hair kit: black"? Is the one for gray hair better for a natural dirty blonde or bleached hair? In the future I'd like to henna/indigo my blondish/brondish hair to jet black, but I'd like to get it that black on my first process. Any advice would be helpful.
m_moore
admin
The Kit for Gray Hair has

The Kit for Gray Hair has Twilight henna which is a higher lawsone content.  You will need to do a two step process to get jet black.  One step henna only, then second step, indigo only.  You can use any of the kits, if your hair is fragile, I would recommend using the African Kit for Black Hair as this can help rinse out easily and still get a lovely color.

Emerald
So are you saying the henna
So are you saying the henna or indigo can be damaging to my hair? Or is it that rinsing the henna or indigo can be damaging? Just to be clear, because I was under the impression that henna was strengthening. Also, thank you for your response.
m_moore
admin
Neither will damage the hair,

Neither will damage the hair, but because it is a thick paste, when rinsing can be troublesome at times.  The kit for African hair has a much finer sift and is easier to rinse out =]