Once you go black,can you go back? (Couldn't help myself)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
leighoc
Once you go black,can you go back? (Couldn't help myself)

I really want black hair. Buuuuut, 1) not sure it will look good on me and 2) I get bored easily. I've been reading on here that indigo is virtually impossible to remove from hair. So does that mean that if one does a 2 step henna then indigo process, they will be raven haired until they cut it off? 

Thanks for your answers in advance. 

Jekka
Re: black hair's permanent

I wouldn't recommend doing black hair if you get bored easily, b/c like any black dye, it's pretty much permanent. You CAN bleach over 100% pure henna and indigo (or get it lifted...several times depending on how well it sticks to your hair), but it'll damage your hair and will have a weird blue/green tint. I tested this on a lump of my own hair (caucasian, fine, natural-chestnut-brown hair) that had been henna'd and then Indigo'd a few times. I had used a 30 volume bleach, 2x. I'm sure there are better ways of lifting black out though. I recently just covered up that weirdness with more henna/indigo. There was a blog I read a while ago (sorry I don't have the link) detailing how a woman removed indigo... but it was still damaging and a process ...so it can be done. So yes, you will have to grow out your hair unless you don't mind severely damaging it with several colour-stripping sessions. Another option would be to try manic panics "temporary" black dye, but some ppl say that it has a green tint to it. If you have blonde or light hair, it'll prob look green.  I, myself, like to change my hair colour, but dark hair suits my skin tone, so I actually only use indigo (over henna) on the top layers of my hair, and underneath is only henna. That way, I can still change the colour underneath when I feel like it! - sorry this is so long.

leighoc
Thank you! 

Thank you! 

I appreciate the honest feed back and you pretty much confirmed what I thought.

im 100% grey under my henna so any blue/ green is really going to show on me. 

Thanks again!

x

e_rowley
admin
There are some natural ways

There are some natural ways of lightening up the indigo, such as: baking soda, Vitamin C scrubs, and certain oils.

It is not likely that you will ever get ALL of the indigo out, though, so beware before you commit!