Does indigo dull henna shine?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Redteddy33
Does indigo dull henna shine?

So I used a henna-indigo mix to cover gray and it turned out really well, shiny and silky soft. I then used indigo to see how dark it would make my hair. Well the hair turned out black which I guess isn't too bad but what I really dislike is the way the indigo made my hair feel and look. Its as if it dulled the shine and softness of the henna. Does indigo dull henna shine?  Are there any conditioning qualities to indigo or is it just useful in terms of color? Don't think I will ever use indigo separatly again. 

m_moore
admin
Indigo doesn't help nor hurt

Indigo doesn't help nor hurt the hair.  It's the henna that really helps!  If you just did your mix on your head, sometimes the powders are not completely out of your hair. I would give it a few days and you should see some more shine.

Floyed
Advantages of Henna

I actually want to know the advantages or benefits of henna.

m_moore
admin
Henna helps strengthen hair,

Henna helps strengthen hair, adds shine, reduces curl (if you don't want this, you can add amla), protects from UV rays, protects from heat as well as chemicals such as chlorine, helps repair damaged hair (significantly), and henna does not fade... pretty much an awesome plant all around =]