Questions about glosses

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nargilyos
Questions about glosses

Hello, 

I have some question about glosses (I read the FAQ already),

1. in the FAQ- there is tutorial with photos that recommend to use flour or cornstarch with any conditioner in 1:1 ratio. I didn't see this recommendation somewhere else in this forum- is it better to use that way- or just with conditioner and plant dye? 

2. After I put the gloss paste on my hair- should I wrap my hair with plastic paper and warm my head with scarf like regular plant dye? 

3. I read that I can use any cheap conditioner. I have one that said it "enriched with flax seed oil extract". actually, in every cheap conditioner there are some kinds of extracts. maybe it can interfere with the plant dye? (I'm not living in US, and there is no - " Suave, VO5, White Rain, Trader Joe's" here. 

Thanks a lot! 

Nargilyos
Please?

Please?

mbyrne
admin
I would recommend just using

I would recommend just using conditioner and the plant dye, I haven't heard much about the other recommendations but I know that using just conditioner works fine. You do not need to wrap your hair, but you can if you would like. That conditioner should work just fine for the gloss!

Asja Sweden
I do glosses every fourth

I do glosses every fourth week and I hve never used anything else than conditioner in my mix. Don't worry about the oil extraxts, they do no harm, but check for silocone in the conditioner. You don't want any ingredient that ends their name with -xane or -cone, those are silicones. I think the silicones stop the henna from attatching to the hair.

I wrap my head in plastic and put on an old winter hat. The conditioner stops the henna from drying out, so it isn't neccesary, but this way I can't drip some of the henna on my clothing och furniture.

Good luck!

Nargilyos
Thanks!

Thanks!

Floyed
Thanks

thanks a lot for u'r valuable info.