Want to condition with cassia obovata

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ChristianneL
Want to condition with cassia obovata

Hi, I purchased Cassia Obovata because I am interested in strengthening and conditioning my fine hair. I have blonde highlights and don't wish to get color, just conditioning from the Cassia. I've read that Cassia can be drying on some people. Does this happen if Cassia is used as a conditioner as well as when it's used for dye release? That would be the opposite of what I wish to achieve. Please advise, thank you.

ChristianneL

tbonita
When I had blonde hair I

When I had blonde hair I wanted to use cassia for conditioning so I just mixed with warm water and applied immediately without waiting for dye release. Well my hair turned egg yolk yellow. After one hour on my head. Please do a test strand even with instant application. It made my hair thick and lustrous however and if your highlights are in the darker spectrum of blonde you may be ok. 

m_moore
admin
To prevent the yellowing from

To prevent the yellowing from happening, I recommend that you do a rainwash treatment before. It can cause yellow tones if there are any minerals in the hair, and use distilled water when you mix your cassia up for the best results as well, as any minerals in the tap water can also cause unwanted tones.