Henna Powder Magnetic Reaction

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
vear23
Henna Powder Magnetic Reaction

I recently bought some henna to mix with some I had already.  I noticed that when mixing the two (in a glass bowl) the mix stuck to the plastic spoon.  I began portioning it in half into a (plastic) measuring cup and as I was tapping the spoon on the sides of the cup to get what was in the spoon into the cup I noticed crystal-like formations in the cup.  I lifted the spoon and saw the formations reacting to the spoon.  Moving in the same direction as the spoon.  I started to hover the spoon over the formations and move it back and forth slowly and some of the henna attached itself to what remained on the spoon.  

This freaks me out!!!  The only thing I know to be magnetic is metal.  As I said, I had some henna left over from a previous application, which I wasn't happy about due to my hair turning out to be hard.  I figured this time I would use a conditioner to lessen that reaction, but after seeing this I'm scared to. Maybe It's friction...static?

I still have powder left from the two different henna's.  I'm going to experiment by mixing them up separately and seeing which is the culprit.  In the mean time, I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know what is going on that mix if possible? 

I used Nupur and Red Raj from Henna Sooq.  I think I got the Nupur from Amazon.

vear23
Results....

It is as I suspected.  I stirred the two separately and even added another type of henna with one of them.  This is what I got:

Red Raj (Henna Sooq) = no crystal-like formations.

Red Raj & Organic Henna (Henna Sooq) = no crystal-like formations.

Nupur = crystal-like formations.  It moves and clings to the plastic spoon I was using to stir.

I still don't know if this is because of friction due to the other ingredients in it or because of some metals being present. 

AnnieG
No reply

Is it dodgy that noone has replied to this?