BUXUS REVERSE WEAVE

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
HIGHLANDERGIRL61
BUXUS REVERSE WEAVE
i AM DYING MY HAIR WITH AFRICAN HENNA, I WOULD LIKE TO REVERSE WEAVE SOME BUXUS TO CREATE A BROWN WEAVE IN MY HAIR. hOW WILL THIS TURN OUT BEING PAINTED OVER THE AFRICAN HENNA? WILL IT BE TO DARK?
ACWN
Re: BUXUS REVERSE WEAVE

Buxus has a weak, ashy toned blue-gray dye that will, at best, go a dark brown over straight henna. It wont ever go black like indigo because its just not strong enough. Buxus also has a tendency to fade after a few weeks, so be prepared for that.

....If you can get ahold of it and its ACTUALLY buxus, that is. With the issues going on in Yemen, its pretty well impossible to get real buxus unless you had it before the issues - a lot of companies are selling a fake buxus and its essentially weak henna mixed with a dash of indigo. Whether they're aware of that or not is unknown. We know this because the owner of mehandi.com (this forum's host site) has all her plant dyes lab tested via an independent lab and what was claimed to be buxus was just henna and indigo. She didn't buy it, but someone did...