Want to cover gray but don't want to loose wave

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
avalentine
Want to cover gray but don't want to loose wave
I stopped dying my hair a year ago. I have used henna in the past but since I stopped using chemical dyes and henna my hair has gotten wonderfully wavy. I mean built in beach waves! I have medium brownish red hair with lots of blonde and red highlights naturally. Though I now have quite a scattering of silvers too. What would be your suggestion to cover up the grays? I have some ancient sunrise henna and cassia. I could buy some Amla too. What would be a good mixture? Don't want terribly red hair, thats why I bought the cassia. Is it possible to just do a cassia and Amla mixture to turn the grays blonde but not loose the wave?
CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Want to cover gray but don't want to loose wave
Amla is a great addition to henna.  Customer service has recently done tests with cassia, amla, and a scooch of henna.  That might be what you need.  Your hair sounds very similar to one of our customer service folks, Melanie.  She's still got most of her curls, and her hair is just gorgeous.  Melanie is usually on in the evenings, though anyone here could help you with that.  http://www.mehandi.com/customercare/index.html
avalentine
Anyone have any formulations of Amla, cassia and Henna that they have personally used?
HennaGal
admin
Hello! when cassia is mixed with henna it dilutes the henna stain. Most cassia/henna mixes turn out orange-ish or strawberry. cassia dye released with amla creates a lovely ashy blonde. you might try 25g of amla per 100g of cassia.