which color henna should I choose?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
laura jean
which color henna should I choose?
Hi! Need help choosing hair color!
I'm having a hard time choosing which color Mehandi henna I should get for my hair. I have med to dark brown hair w a fair amount of grey, which is grown out to about 3 inch roots. The rest of my hair has been colored and highlighted so is a blondish coppery color, much lighter then my natural color. Since henna doesn't lighten, I'm guessing I need to get a color at least as dark as my natural color, yes? It was recommended by someone I get Jasmine but after reading the description it seems it will be too light. Should I get indigo to add to it, or is there a color blend already together that might work? Any recommendations?
Thanks!!
HennaGal
admin
Re: which color henna should I choose?
Hello! i suggest using a hendigo mix to get your length color close to your root color first. Would you like copper highlights, red, deep red, no red?
laura jean
Sorry, if this is a repeat, I just don't see my reply to you HennaGal, so I'm posting it again. :)

Hmm, not sure what color I want actually! Maybe copper or auburn over red I'd say if I had to chose. So any idea which mix I'd get?
(and thank you for your help!)
Also, where are the hendigo mixes, or is it something I mix myself?
ACWN
HennaGal has you covered as far as a mix and all that, but I wanted to pop in and mention something. Pure henna, like what mehandi.com sells, doesn't come in "colors". Real henna only comes in one color, red/orange. What mehandi.com sells is variations of henna that have different dye strengths and variations in the undertones of that basic red/orange color.
laura jean
Oh, I guess I meant like Jasmine, Auburn, Rajasthani Monsoon etc. Like I mentioned, some one recommended Jasmine, but if my hair is darker then that, wouldn't I need to add some indigo to it if I wanted to achieve a similar depth as my roots?
laura jean

Hmm, not sure what color I want actually! Maybe copper or auburn over red I'd say if I had to chose. So any idea which mix I'd get?
(and thank you for your help!)

ACWN

I figured that's what you meant, but I wanted to clear that up for you and any one new who happens to read your post. There are plenty of brands that sell "colored" henna and it confuses a lot of people.

If you want a copper color, go for Jasmine... if you want an auburn color, you'll want Twilight or Monsoon.

laura jean
But will Jasmine get all my hair the same color top to bottom if I have 3 inches of darker roots, and the rest is a coppery blondish color from permanent highlight/color? I thought since henna doesn't lighten hair, won't I still have 3 inches of darker hair at the top?
ACWN
Yeah, you would. For your length, I would recommend a medium brown kit for gray hair... maybe the dark brown, depends on what your natural color actually is. HennaGal will be more help on that. But if you want copper on your gray, use Jasmine on your roots. Or Twilight if you want auburn on your gray.
laura jean
Ok, got it! thanks! I was leaning toward the medium brown kit actually, but wanted to make sure that was a good choice. IDK, my hair is prob closer to med brown then to dark brown. I'll give that one a try....I really don't want 'dark' hair. Will the med brown kit have any coppery or red look to it, or is it more 'brown'? I would like some warmth.
ACWN
Its like a milk chocolate color, lots of warm tones.
laura jean
Ok cool! Thank you so much!! That sounds perfect! :)