How to???

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
kristen4994
How to???
I am a beginner at Henna for hair. My first time using Henna was with a brand called Light Mountain.... The roots of my hair are dark blonde, and the rest of my hair is more of a medium brown. My test strand turned my hair very orange on the roots, and a darker orange on the bottom half of my hair that has been colored for years with chemical dyes. This is definitely not a color I want to achieve. Therefore after my test strand I discontinued using Henna. Instead I did some reading on forums on this website and started to read about quality of Henna. I thought I would try Henna one more time. I bought Indigo, Henna, and Amla from mehandi.com. A lot of people have commented on the fact that this is high quality product so I am going to try it. I want to achieve a light-medium brown hair color with a hint of red or red undertone. I would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions. :-)
ACWN
Re: How to???

If your length is already a medium brown, then I wouldn't apply anything to your length as it will only make it darker. To your roots, a 50/50 mix of henna and indigo will give you a medium brown. How dark it goes depends on how dark your starting color is. You can get a lighter shade by diluting the mix half way with either cassia or conditioner.

If you want red tones, skip the amla.

kristen4994
I wanted to add a red undertone to my medium brown hair. Would I dye the roots brown first and then go over again with just henna after? I wanted to get an even color or at least as much as I can.
ACWN

Probably would be the way to go, I think. You might wanna strand test straight henna on your length, just to see the results you get.