Pure Henna or Henndigo?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
BoldyLocks
Pure Henna or Henndigo?
Hi, all! So happy to be a part of the forums. I've found a new love in life, a new addiction if you will...Henna :) I'm simply AMAZED at what it's done for my hair in just one application. I'm raving to all my hair dying friends about it  lol So, here are my questions;
I've dyed my hair with henndigo once. Before knowing of Catherine's laboratory tested henna (which I plan to purchase from now on), I stumbled upon a product we'll call "RR" :) on the same site I purchase my vitamins from. The color is Persian Medium chestnut brown, or something to that effect. It's nice, but, I'm being very drawn to the wild side ;) I want to go red, well as red as possible on my naturally medium reddish brown hair. The thing is, I'm not too into burgundy, or pinkish red colors. I want an orangy red. Not over the top copper or carrot top (you know, the kind a dark blonde would get using pure henna), but, a color along that hue. A deeper copper. I hope I'm making sense. What would you recommend? Should I go all out and not do a mix at all, but, instead just use 100% Henna? Jasmine? Monsoon? Should I add Amla? Any other plant based additives/powders?
P.S. my natural hair is pretty dull looking inside, but, my natural copper tones really pop in the sunlight. Inside it's more mousy. I have moderately healthy, bsl, mildly wavy, hair with a medium/thin strand thickness.
Thanks in advance for any guidance :)
~Jes

BoldyLocks
Re: Pure Indigo or Henndigo?
P.S. I am probably 15% grey, but, my greys aren't really grey, they're more like tinsel on a Christmas tree. Shimmering LOUDLY! LOL I thought that'd be worth adding.
seasiren2K13
Hello!

I think you will have some nice results with Mehandi's Henna for African Hair as it will blend your gray and it will give you natural coppery highlights over your brown hair. You can find it here:
http://www.mehandi.com/shop/hairhenna.html

Doing the henna without indigo will give you wonderful benefits and a nice overall color. If you find that your gray's are too bright you can always follow up with an indigo gloss to tone down the orange.
BoldyLocks
Thank you so much for the helpful input! I will follow your advice.