lighten newly hennaed black hair with honey olive oil and cinnamon

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
nanay
lighten newly hennaed black hair with honey olive oil and cinnamon
as you know ive just hennaed my black hair and it turned black with red shimmer.. but I actually want it a shade lighter.. http://www.flickr.com/groups/hennaforhair/ would this recipe help to lighten> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SosjYnLLYZI
ACWN
Re: lighten newly hennaed black hair with honey olive oil ...

Honey lightening is very hit or miss and is EXTREMELY gradual - I personally never had any luck with it. The mix is more picky than indigo - if you don't use the right water or right honey, it just wont work.

With as dark as your hair naturally is, you'd have to do it at least a dozen or so times before you see even a slight difference. By the time you get your length to the color you're after, you'll have several inches of roots to contend with.

I understand if you want to stay away from chemicals, but Vol. 30 crème developer might help you. You apply it straight from the bottle, cover and let it sit for probably about an hour. It might lift your color just enough to make it more red.

nanay

ACWN

trying to steer clear of chemicals but am really tired of my sombre dark black hair.. if I use the vol 30 creme developer would it make my hair shocking red? I actually just want it to be chocolately brown/auburn but -- not shocking red.. for a more polished professional look

nanay
Carrie
if you just lighten your hennaed black hair a little, you shouldn't see shocking red.
HennaGal
admin
I've had more luck using hair conditioner, cinnamon and honey.  I mix 1 cup conditioner + 1/4 cup cinnamon + 2 tbsp raw honey.  Its best to leave this on for at least 5 hours ( i sleep in it overnight). The cinnamon is a bit tingly so if your scalp is very sensitive you might  not want to try this way.