pre-oiling before Henna

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
nanay
pre-oiling before Henna
I will be "henna-ing" my relaxed hair tomorrow night.. would you recommend.. the following as preprationg for henna night? pre-oiling with coconut oil Baking soda rinse _ AVC rinse clarifying shampoo? then proceed with Henna?
nanay
Re: pre-oiling before Henna
or just pre-oil with coconut oil.. then put henna on top of it? then wash
seasiren2K13
There is no need to pre-oil the night before. You will want to have your hair as clean as possible when you henna. Washing with baking soda and an AVC rinse is a nice way to prep the hair though.
nanay
thanks for the response.. what is the best ratio of baking soda to distilled water for pre-henna wash?
ACWN
I'd make a fairly thick paste and scrub like crazy, but that's just me.
JamesCanney
I also want to henna my hair, but I don't want my hair to change the color. Will it be helpful if I oil my hair?

ACWN

If you're looking for benefits of henna, then you'd have to deal with your color changing. Henna's benefits come from the dye.

If you want similar benefits, you can try cassia. Cassia has a weak, yellow dye that does not show unless on white or pale blonde hair. You can also try zizyphus for conditioning and amla for volume.

HennaGal
admin
Cassia conditions quite nicely without an acid. Mix with water to a paste consistency, apply to clean hair (damp or dry) then rinse after at least an hour. The benefits aren't permanent like henna so you'll need to reapply every few weeks.
sarika
Applying oil will make it more difficult for the henna color to catch on. Keep your hair clean with no products. If henna makes your hair feel dry, you can use the coconut oil afterwards for a night.