Getting Indigo to stay on white roots

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tracey
Getting Indigo to stay on white roots

Based off of last month, two application times totaling 40 minutes on and about 20 total of application time (this is the indigo I am referring to, after using Henna for 2 hours).  This time I left Henna on for 2 hours, then Indigo for 45 minutes.  Looked great til I washed it.  Now is brownish coppery in some places and more orange in others.  THis is just my gray/white roots.  Rest of hair I don't put anything on , it is dark dark dark brown from indigo appliation a year ago.

Here is the process.  Wash hair with shampoo, then wash and scrub roots with dish soap.

Rinse

Apply henna, wear cap, leave on two hours.

Rinse

Wash with baking soda

apply indigo, left on for 45 minutes

rinse and use conditioner

Looks great

The other times I did it, and didn't leave the indigo on as long, there were times it was kinda green, but read this forum and saw that that goes away.

Any more advice on how to get this indigo to stick and stay?

oh, and last month I did the same as above, but left on for 30 minutes total and then redid the indigo 2 days later for same reason.  Orangish.  The roots got lighter/orangier/less indigo every single washing.  How  can that be?

Thanks!

Carrie
Re: Getting Indigo to stay on white roots
Try applying your indigo on dry hair, the day after the henna.  Someone reported recently that this made a big difference for her.

Make sure there is no conditioner on the hair prior to indigo.  When you wash your henna out, you can use conditioner to get the paste residue out, but then FINISH with shampoo to get rid of the conditioner on your hair.
Tracey
You have to wait a day to do the indigo? 
Carrie
I don't think you have to, but the person who reported success with this method had also waited a day. I think the main thing, as far she could tell, was that the hair was dry - but until more people try it out, we may not know for sure.