Henna over dyed hair??

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
lotuslluvio
Henna over dyed hair??
Can I apply henna over dyed hair? I'm fairly new to henna'd hair care but have been applying henna and henndigo to cut and grown out virgin hair. Recently, I dyed twice my hair using chemical dye, to achieve the desired auburn color (and to lighten as my hair is naturally black). The bottom of the hair did not take the color as is contained alot of henndigo, but the virgin hair at the roots did, which is a nice reverse ombre effect. I want to enrich the color using henna but do not know what effect this will be or how the color will take. Since only the top is lightened, that is the only part of the hair I plan to apply the henna to. I want to use a red henna, or the most orange/red henna there is. I'm hoping that since the top was lightened with developer cream (for those of you familiar with chemical dye), I am wondering if it will take the henna? I'm also curious about applying hendigo in the future if I want to go back to black, to darken the lightened hair? Basically I would like any info. on henna/henndigo over dyed hair. Happy Hennaing :)
Carrie
Re: Henna over dyed hair??
Answered in your other  (duplicate) post.