Less Indigo?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tracey
Less Indigo?
As I have posted, roots don't get very brown at all and at time are orangy or burgandy after washings. This time burgandy.  I do 2 to one indigo to henna with amla.  Would it possibly get darker if I did 1 to 1 henna/indigo?  Thanks!
Carrie
Re: Less Indigo?
How long is your application time?  Are you covering gray? You may want to do a 5-6 hour application, and yes, it's possible that a 1:1 mix could work better for you, it may be worth a try. Prewashing with dish soap on the roots might help, and follow that with a brief baking soda scrub and rinse with water, just prior to using the hendigo. If all else fails, try a 2-step (henna alone for 2-3 hours, followed by your hendigo mix.
Tracey
Dish soap better than clarifying shampoo?  Any thoughts on why it would be purple?  I thought it was burgundy, but looking in outside light it is closer to purple.  I have done my hair for over a year now, with this product and had orangish, but this is the second time with purple. Was told last time it was because I was doing 4 to 1 indigo to henna.  Could it be because I did henndigo 2 to 1 for 3 hours and then indigo alone for 20 minutes? Any idea why it would take over a week to show up as purple?  Washed hair 4 times, I think, before this showed as purple.
Tracey
Sorry, yes, covering gray
Carrie
you can get purple when indigo fades off, leaving some indigo (but not enough to make it brown) and mostly henna in your hair.

Dish soap will strip your hair's oils and rough up the surface at the root  better than clarifying shampoo. Just use it when you are dyeing your hair (obviously) and only at the root or any area you have trouble getting gray coverage. It's harsh so just use it when/where needed.