Ancient Sunrise® Henna for African Hair

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Donna
Ancient Sunrise® Henna for African Hair
I have had dread locs for about 15 months. It takes a long time for my hair to loc as the texture is loose & curly. The colour of my hair ranges from medium to light brown. My silvers are coming in fast and furiously and I have been seriously considering colouring them. I have some silver sprinkled throughout but quite a lot at the front/hairline. I have been looking at Ancient Sunrise® Henna for African Hair. "This henna will stain gray hair warm coppery brown.  This henna does not cover gray as well as our higher dye content hennas" Since I have a very gray hairline, would you advise me to use this henna or another one in your stock? Thank you for your time.
Jen
Re: Ancient Sunrise® Henna for African Hair
Yes, I would suggest trying one of the hennas intended for gray coverage in your case. The difference is mostly that the Henna for African hair is a little bit finer in particle size. This means its easier to rinse when hair is kinky, in locs, or fragile and partial to breakage. But the difference is small in that regard! On the other hand, the difference in dye content is a bit more noticeable. You may have to spend a little more effort at rinsing if you don't use the Henna for African Hair, but you also may end up with yellow, or even un-dyed grays if you do!
Donna
Thank you for your quick response. My next question is, in order to get the coppery brown highlights that Ancient Sunrise gives to cover grey and , in order to keep my hair that is not silver at least medium brown (darker colours don't suit me at all) which henna would you recommend that I use? Once the greys are covered and coloured to coppery brown, my intentition would be to dye only the new growth.
Jen
If you're just using henna (no indigo) your brown hair won't go too dark. In fact even though henna can't lighten hair, it may LOOK a little brighter because it will have a warmer color and be shinier. Using Monsoon or Twilight, you should end up with a rich auburn or something that is pretty much the same with extra warmth on your brown hair.
Donna
Thank you, I think I'll go with Twilight