rinse

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Catloe
rinse

I have been using henna and indigo for several months. I am AA transitioning from relaxers.  I am happy with the feel of my hair and scalp. No more seborrhea dermatitis, no flakes and my hair is stronger and softer. The problem is my gray. My natural color is black with about 35% gray. I've been trying to get my grays a dark red brown with varying mixtures of henna and indigo without success. My grays were different shades of bright orange fading to dusty orange and my black is becoming unbelievably black. Even though I have been trying to concentrate my mixture on my roots and grays. my hair just seems to get darker. I decided to stick to straight henna. I washed with dishwashing liquid and used lemon juice for  my mixture. My grays are darker and less orangey but still not what I want.

I want to try a rinse, semi permanent no ammonia or peroxide. Is this safe with the indigo in my hair. I haven't used any chemicals since September.

Catloe

Jen
Re: rinse
Yes, it is safe to use a rinse over henna and indigo. As long as you're not trying to lift or lighten color you're fine.

Maybe, if you'd like, we can help you troubleshoot your henna experience and see if there's a trick we can help you find to make it work out better though!