Add yogurt, honey, and lemon juice to my henna mix?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
TallandKurly
Add yogurt, honey, and lemon juice to my henna mix?

Hi!!

I bought "Henna for African hair." I mixed it with dilute lemon juice per the instructions inside the package from Mehandi. I have read lemon juice can be strong. Is this true? Can I add yogurt and honey to my mix to "weaken" the lemon juice?

Thanks!

ACWN
Re: Add yogurt, honey, and lemon juice to my henna mix?

Lemon juice can be drying for some people, if thats what you're asking. I would definitely NOT add yogurt or honey as you wont be diluting the lemon juice, you'll be diluting the henna dye. If your hair comes out dry, remember to shampoo well and condition well. You may consider a moisture treatment as well if its dry and swap to another liquid, like apple juice, for you mix next time.

Jen

Some people with sensitive skin may complain of scalp discomfort with lemon too. Diluting it is good enough for most people, but as ACWN said, if you don't like lemon, switch to something else, like apple, next time.

Yogurt may be a fine conditioner, but please use it in a separate application AFTER rather than mixing it WITH your henna. That way you won't thin the dye.

TallandKurly

Thank you!!! I always deep condition for several hours after I Henna anyway, so hopefully that will take care of it.

TallandKurly

An update for anyone reading this post.  After using the dilute lemon juice with my henna, my hair came out just as super soft as it always does after a henna application (I have previously used green tea).  It was not dried out at all.  :)

Jen

Great! Thanks for the update!