Celebration

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
KCaccamo
Celebration

Hi, I am new to using Henna and chose to use Celebrations.  I have dark brown hair with gray starting at the temples.  My hair is about shoulder length and kinda thin.  I have read about Celebrations and gave it a try.  It is in my hair at the moment so can't show you any pixs yet.   I have my fingers crossed as I am a little nervous never doing this before.  I called the help line earlier and they were very helpful and nice.  I used 2 boxes and used 3 cups of orange juice.  I let the dye release but was unable to use it last night or this morning so I placed it in the refrig.  I hope this was okay to do as I read it on a post recently.  Anyway, the process was fairly easy and I've been reading so much.  The smell isn't so bad...to me anyway.  My 8 year old daughter didn't even mind the smell and enjoyed watching mommy putting it in her hair.  I did have extra left over which I froze in a small ziplock baggie.  I tried to put as much on as I could and I hope I put enough on.  Well, I will keep you guys up to date and add pictures....I just pray it comes out nice.  I know it will need at least 3 or 4 days to oxidize so I will keep that in mind.  I do have some left over so if I need to go over the grays I could I guess I could, right?  Wish me luck !!  TTYL !!

angie
Re: Celebration

Can't wait to see your pics!

KCaccamo

Not sure how to post pictures from my camera onto here...any suggestions?

BTW...hair came out nice !  Looks a nice auburn color.  The gray, however, on the sides looks a bit orangy, but, I know I have to wait for the oxidation to happen...if it's still like that in 4 days.. I will unfreeze my extra henna and go over the grey again.

I think I made a mistake though......I think I made my henna a bit watery because it dripped from the back a few times and I had to wipe it off my neck.   I also noticed that my ends of my hair and under the back of my head the hair looks a deeper color that I wish the whole head would be.  Maybe I had more henna in the back then on the top of my head...I did have extra.  Next time I will make it thicker.

But, all in all, I think it came out nice !  Still have to see it in daylight and during the next few days! 

Now....if only I could figure out how to post pictures.........I want to share !!!!

glossgirl

Congratulations to a new henna-head!!

I highly recommend you read my thread on Henna + Indigo. I, too, have gray clusters at the temples, and I've had to do a lot of thinking and experimenting because of that. I ended up unhappy with how the clusters looked when I used just henna.

KCaccamo
angie

Looks great! I bet in a few days, it will be perfect. Post more pics when it oxodizes!

KCaccamo

I will post more pictures in the next few days...I know how helpful they are.  

Sometimes the photos don't always come up right and when I go back they are there so if there is a photo missing just try back again. 

Carrie

Looks beautiful - and I wouldn't call that thin!

Amethyste

oh wow!!!!!!!

It look beautiful! I bet your roots and lighter strands will darken in 4-5 days... I'd be happy to see your pictures then! I am getting my henna this week and hopefully soon, I can have those nice reds in there...

Gorgeous!

KCaccamo

Thank you !!  It's Monday (I did my hair on Saturday) and I am noticing that the orange color on my greys are darkening a bit.  I'm hopeful....but they are still orangy.   I hope over the next few days it will darken more.  If not, I will go over it again.  Maybe a second application is needed.  I will post  more pictures soon. 

KCaccamo

posted more pictures...did my hair Saturday evening.  There are pictures from Sunday and Monday.  http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af174/Caccamo/

Carrie

I love your deep color overall!  The hair at my temples is very fine and blonde (not gray in that spot yet, mostly at the crown) and it also would come out orange or just brighter than the rest, and it bugged me until I went for full saturated color and they evened out better :)

KCaccamo

Carrie..thanks!!  I'm new to this...what do you mean by full saturated color?  I was thinking if it doesn't change in a few days I would just go over that part (the grey) again.  Do you think that would work?

Carrie

Full saturation is when you've hennaed enough times that it doesn't get any darker - it's as dark and full of henna as it can get. Typically that is a dark burgundy red color.

Yes, I think if you just re-henna the lighter part it will help.

KCaccamo

Oh, okay.  I get it now..Thanks Carrie :)

angie

This thread has been so helpful for me! I have a similar color going on in my hair with my outgrowth having a lot of white hair, seeing your pics has given me an idea of what to expect. I kinda figured I might need to do my outgrowth a couple times to get a deeper red, I didn't want to go with any indigo since I am prone to headaches (bleh) and I have seen comments linking indigo to headaches. Will you post some more pics after the second henna application? I love your overall color! Can't wait to get my Celebration and see what i end up with.

KCaccamo

Definately !!  I am soo glad I could be of help.  I know how it was like before I tried the henna.  I was going crazy reading and the most helpful thing was looking at other peoples pictures.    First, I am going to wait a little more time for it to oxidize.  Maybe by Saturday I will go over the gray.  I will keep updating !!

diamond_lvr

Yes please post pics after your next henna.  I don't have gray but, I have blonde hair and it keeps turning orange to red-orange.  I'm curious how many hennas it takes to get to more of a red color.

Carrie

If you feel you're stuck in the orange zone using henna on blonde hair, you can use 10%  indigo and 90% henna, like Megumi did for her client here:

http://www.hennaforhair.com/forum/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=view&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=11180

KCaccamo

added my Tuesday pixs...3rd day of oxidation....sorry for the ponytail but, I went to the gym today.  I noticed upon waking up today the sides are getting darker.  Will try and post some more tomorrow on day 4.

KCaccamo

http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af174/Caccamo/

It's Thursday...5th day of Oxidation.  My color has darkened and I am loving it now !!!  I hope my pictures were helpful.  I am not going to do a second application on the temples (sides) since they darkened.  I will probably have to do henna again next month.  Have to say my husband says my hair looks thicker !  Never going back to chemicals....I'm a  henna girl now !!!

glossgirl

This is a great thread! Your hair looks just wonderful!! Thank you so much for posting so many pix!

Isn't henna amazing?!?

KCaccamo

Yes..it is glossgirl !!  I went to get my haircut and was told how nice my hair color was...they said even the highlights...I told them that's my grey !  Anyway, I ordered some more Celebration henna and storing it boxed in the freezer for future use !!  I still have some dye released in a baggie frozen for touch ups !!  I also just bought the Zizyphus Spina Christi and Juniper Shampoo bar and I'm excited to try it !  I will give feedback on that too !!