can I indigo over henna/indigo hair?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
zareen
can I indigo over henna/indigo hair?

Hello,

I have naturally black hair with blue sheen. I now have some gray hair that I desire to keep covered. A few weeks ago I put 400 grams of henna in my hair, and left it for four hours, washed it out, and then mixed 400 grams indigo and put it in my hair for 2 hours. Then washed it out. My hair was beautiful black/blue. Unfortunately, my gray was copper. I think maybe i didnt get all the gray covered. :(

Does anyone have a recommendation of what to do to make the gray strands match the rest of my hair??? Should I put more henna/indigo? Or, just indigo? I am wondering mostly, if I put more indigo, will my copper turn blue? hmmm need help :) Thank you...

Zareen

Carrie
Re: can I indigo over henna/indigo hair?

Since you have a few weeks of root growth, you need to cover the new, undyed roots with henna anyway or the indigo won't stick properly to them. Then instead of being orange or black, your new gray roots would be blue-green! 

I would rehenna all the areas where there is copper showing, even if that means doing all your hair again. Then apply indigo as your second step.

zareen
Re: can I indigo over henna/indigo hair?

ok great :) thank you! I will do it!

M