Cassia & Ancient Sunrise- Red

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lisee
Cassia & Ancient Sunrise- Red

I would like to use Ancient Sunrise- Red. I have fine, medium brown hair. I was wondering what would be the possible effects of using half Cassia and Half Ancient Sunrise- Red? What would be the difference between that and using the Ancient Sunrise- Red, alone? What if I use the Cassia first, and then use the red henna on top of that? What about Visa Versa?  I really appreciate any help! (I don't want orange hair, or way too too bright of red. I like deep tones :-) 

Liza

ACWN
Re: Cassia & Ancient Sunrise- Red

With plant dyes, the color you start with has a great deal to do with the color you get. AS - red alone would probably give you an auburn shade. Putting cassia with it (50/50) would make it more orange, but would result in a lighter auburn on your brown hair. Applying cassia before or after would have no effect on the color as it has a weak yellow dye that only shows up on white/gray or super pale blond hair.

If you want deeper tones, try purity, yemen or celebration. These are higher dye content hennas and result in a darker result. Remember to strand test.

Lisee

Thank you so much for your response! Yes, I will do a strand test :)

Lisee

I was also wondering if Cassia, like Henna, helps with Dandruff?

Thank you! Liza