Reshma Henna turned my hair green!! Help Please

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
tnob_0506@yahoo.com
Reshma Henna turned my hair green!! Help Please

HELLO TO ALL,

OKAY I TRYED A HENNA THAT IVE NEVER USED BEFORE.. RESHMA (BAQ).. AND NOW I HAVE GREEN TINTED HAIR AND IM NOT SURE IF THAT IS NORMAL AND WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO CORRECT THIS?

CAN SOME PLEASE HELP ME!!

MY HAIR  HAS BEEN DYED AND BLEACHED AND NOW THE BLEACHED AREAS ARE GREEN!!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCED

Carrie
Re: Reshma Henna turned my hair green!! Help Please

Have you washed it with shampoo yet? I wonder if the green is just residual henna paste.

You say this was BAQ - so you are sure it's pure henna,  intended to make hair red, not any other "color" of henna? (I want to rule out an indigo problem here).

If neither of these things is the problem, then you need something to remove mineral buildup from the hair. If you have a Sally Beauty Supply nearby, get ION crystal clarifying treatment. Mehandi makes a product called Rainwash which removes minerals but it would take a few days to get to you in the mail.

http://www.mehandi.com/shop/rainwash/index.html

tnob_0506@yahoo.com

Thank you so much.. Im thinking it may have had indigo in it.. and i may need to use the shampoo from

Salley's..

Thank again.. I was on a serious panic..

LOL  Green hair aint cool

Carrie

The clarifying treatment is not a shampoo, it's a powder - in case it helps. Tell them you want the stuff that removes mineral buildup. It costs about $3 per packet.

If you think you have indigo in your hair, please be sure NOT to use any peroxide or bleach on your hair, that would only make things worse.

Danmara

This is why I really dislike brands of henna that don't disclose that they contain indigo or other stuff...

rumtumtum

I have the exact same problem, I used a green-based henna on previously dyed hair, not knowing that henna reacts really really badly with ammonia. My hair is still really green, hairdressers have told me to wait till it grows out, but it's going to take years! Today I tried going over it with blonde, but DON'T try this cause you're roots will be bleached, but the green is staying put. Maybe try to cover up the green with a dark shade of brown to camoflauge it in so it's less noticeable while it grows out. Or you could try balancing it with a different colour henna. I think you're going to have to wait till it grows out :( hope this helps xxx

Jen

I'm sorry this happened to you! Just to be clear though, its not "green based henna" but henna with added indigo that does this.

ACWN

Henna does not come in colors, rumtumtum. It only comes in one color, red/orange. If you use a brand that says it comes in anything but.. its either NOT henna or henna mixed with something else, like indigo.

Pure henna does not react to ammonia, but compound henna (stuff that isnt henna and contains metallic salts) will react very badly to peroxide and ammonia.

tnob_0506@yahoo.com

Oh thank you sooo much.. I thought i was going crazy.. After trying to cover it with dyes it just kept coming back.. until i used Rajashtani henna mixed with amla.. after like 2 or 3 treatments i noticed the green was gone and it was  like a gloden brown..

So im thinking i will stick with Jamila or Rajasthatni henna BAQ pure..