yemen

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ginger
yemen

still questioning myself, if i bought the right henna..

i have the yemen..i do not want dark cherry hair, id like medium auburn or so..i like AUROURAS on the mix page..i actually have very similiar hair to hers..i wish i knew which henna she purchased

i have light brown hair, with old faded golden brown coloring..probably level 6.. light brown/dark blonde highlights..check out Aurora on the mix page, i may be a bit darker than her..I LOVE HER RESULT.

will yemen make it dark? i just bought 300 of yemen and buxus (which i now dont want to use the buxus) i wish i had researched a bit more before ordering... to be honest, and with all due respect..the girl i talked to on the phone was not very helpful.

Ginger
Re: yemen

I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!

im heading to a music festival this weekend, but plan on doing the yemen when i get back since i already bought 300 grams...

perhaps leaving it on less than 3 hours? so it wouldnt get dark?

Jen
Re: yemen

Ya, I think that's about the color you should expect. Do a strand test to make sure, and to help you decide how long to leave it on. Two hours may enough.

What ever it is she bought, isn't available now. Those recipes were posted long, long ago. Every crop of henna is a little different than the last. She may have used "Jamila" or some other name brand, but the crop is certainly long gone.

And you're right, I don't think that the buxus is right for you here, but its darned handy to have around in case your end result is lighter or brighter than you intended. Then you can use the buxus in a gloss to tone it down.

Jen
Forum moderator
Help Line customer service rep
Soap Maker