Surprised Twilight came out this ORANGE!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ashults74
Surprised Twilight came out this ORANGE!

OK I collected hair from my hair brush and did a 3 hour test with Twilight (mixed with only orange juice).  Dye release approx. 12 hours.  Here are the results:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66565841@N08/6331887499/

I expected much darker hair (dk auburn) because my natural hair color is very dark brown.  This confused me.  So, I examined the hair collected from my brush and put it next to my roots on my actual head and it's about one shade lighter (medium brown).  Now that I think about it, this is because the hair sample is mixed with my caramel highlights.  Even so, I'm kind of surprised it's this orange.  I know that it will take about two days to oxidize.  You think it will darken right?

Carrie
Re: Surprised Twilight came out this ORANGE!

Yes, it will darken, and it may take more than 2 days to do so. Some batches of henna like Celebration were taking up to 7-8 days, not sure how long Twilight is taking? 

mcimeno

In my experience, I have had henna treatments take about a week to really oxidize. If you are nervous, then freeze your henna, and wait a few days to see how the harvested hair shades, before you do your whole head. I hope everything works out. Good luck!

Jen

I've had oxidation take that long too, but only when the change was extreme. My hair continued to darken for weeks when I went from bleached platinum to cherry red. It was a PAINFUL couple weeks. I was walking day-glow personified!