Swamp Maiden Rinse

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kere
Swamp Maiden Rinse

I'm planning on doing a gloss either today or tomorrow.  (I'm easing my hubster into henna, so I'm wanting to start gently).  But my question is about the rinsing part.  I've read that when you do the mud style henna on your hair, you could sit in a tub of water and let it soak  before rinsing.  Do you ever get dye transfer to your body from the water when you do?  In my case, I'm simply going to use the conditioner/henna part and then after an hour or so, jump into the shower and rinse.  Again, how likely are you to get dye transfer to your face/neck/back when you rinse?  He really really likes my henna work on my hands and such, but he's not real fond of the oompa loompa look so I'd like to avoid that if I could.

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Swamp Maiden Rinse

I never had any problem with skin stain in the swamp maiden rinse.  The henna's too dilute, and the contac with skin is too brief.

Kere

Very cool!  Thank you!  I like the terminology btw.  It gave the Cautious Hubster a chuckle as well, because I'm known for epic spa-ish baths.  I must have been a mermaid in a former life.

Danmara

When I'm rinsing, my hands and nails always turn orange from rinsing, but other than that, my skin doesn't get stained.

Kere

So I'll probably use gloves when I start my rinsing out then!  Thanks!  I had to postpone said experiment due to a work thing.  As in I had to drop everything and go to work...  I'm planning on doing it Friday evening when I get home.