Can I remove Indigo from my hair?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
lilninjaprincess
Can I remove Indigo from my hair?

Hi, I'm a natural brunette and I recently dyed my hair with "black henna" aka indigo and I hate it. I'm very pale so the black hair looks aweful. I was wondering if I could use one 'n only colorfix to remove the indigo dye. Please help me! 

ACWN
Re: Can I remove Indigo from my hair?

Short answer is: No.

ColorFix does not work on plant dyes - at least that we have seen here. You can try (just do not use the third bottle), but dont expect much.

Do not attempt to bleach it. You will end up with moldy, blotchy green that you will not be able to cover.

You can try using baking soda in your shampoo, though this works best in the first 24 hours. Wash repeatedly and be prepared to condition heavily afterwards. May work, may not.

Indigo is, in most cases, literally permanent. Doesnt budge.

What concerns me is you calling it "black henna"... did you just slap it on and got black hair? Was it a black paste? Or did you do henna, then indigo?

lilninjaprincess

It said black henna on the package but in the ingredients it had indigo so im guessing it was indigo and henna mixed. Thanks for your help!

ACWN

Ingredients can be listed as anything though, just so you know. Henna (and I'm guessing by some extension, indigo) is not tightly controlled or regulated so companies can say is JUST one thing or a couple things, but could have a bunch of really nasty stuff in it.