I NEED HELP WITH AMOUNTS & MIXING PLEASE.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
LadyDayDream
I NEED HELP WITH AMOUNTS & MIXING PLEASE.
I have all the essentials, fine pure henna powder, citric acid in powder & terpinol. but are all in little packets .so i have no idea what amount of citric acid & terpinol to use & need a little help please? I only want to do a few small tattoos on myself & my 3 children. i have a plastic application stick & some plastic cones. please help if you have any ideas. i also need to know how long the citric acid will last once mixed with water or would i be better off using bottled lemon juice as everywhere I'v read seems to recommend it instead especially as I'm using it on my children. the box it all came in just says the contents as follows: Natural Henna (Pure), Terpinol (M.U GRADE), Citric Acid (An Hydrat. There's no instructions on or in the box or packets or even amounts on the packets as to how much is in them just a small piece of paper that says dissolve this powder into half a glass of water then mix henna in a bowl with this water to form a paste now mix in oil to this paste. cover bowl with a lid.
ladytetsu
Re: I NEED HELP WITH AMOUNTS & MIXING PLEASE.

um, where did you get this kit from?  We all use essential oils that have terpineol as one part of them, but not that's been previously extracted and packed in a squeezie packet. . . most of us would probably tell you to throw it out and buy new, safe stuff.  Store-bought kits are often disappointing at best, dangerous at worst.  If they can't spell anhydrate and are claiming that it's made with "makeup grade terpineol" I would tend to wonder AT LEAST if the quality of the product will be worth your time.

xyz

Aaaaaand...the instructions seem too lackadaisical to be taken seriously...how much is "half a glass" of water?  Half of a highball?  Half of a glass yard of beer?  Does it instruct you to dye release it?  How to take care of it after application? 

As it stands now, henna is a very unregulated product, and some so-called "henna" blends can be dangerous to your health.  Please don't risk your children's safety.  Toss that kit out and get real, pure, unadulterated henna from a good supplier.  You'll be glad you waited. 

Eliz. R.

But if you want to play...try it on inanimate objects.

I'd get rid of the citric acid and just use lemon juice to make the henna into a paste. Look at the information on this site (http://forums.hennapage.com/node/98) for mixing and how long to let it sit, BUT test it on paper, not skin. You'll get a little experience judging when the dye is released. Add the terp or not, as you choose, after dye release (if you're inclined to use it, try a quick sniff before mixing it in...my guess is that they intended the whole packet to be used). Make a cone or use the stick to experiment on paper, fabric, wood, or something else that won't affect human health.