Dull Hair

10 replies [Last post]
Jora

Hi Everyone,

I need help.  I have been using Henna (purchased from this site) for over a year and a half (off and on).

I sometimes switch back and forth btwn henna and synt. dyes (dyes only on roots if I do it at all not a full head application), and with henna it's a switch btwn full head and just roots. 

Reading most of the posts on this site, most (if not all) folks that use henna always talk about how shiny their hair has become...for me, ever since I've used henna my hair has become more dull.  Not sure why that is.

My application is almost always identical.  Henna mix with apple juice...

Can anyone tell me why my hair is so dull?  Is there anything I can do to make my hair shiny?  I've even tried using shine adding products to my hair, and although it gets better it's still not great!

Thanks in advance for any info. anyone can provide. 

Love this site!

Jora

Jora
Re: Dull Hair

Hi Carrie,

Not sure what Rainwater/wash is.  We do have hard water where we live.  Will that be effecting shine/color?  will Rain(?) fix this?  Is it damaging/hard on hair, etc.?

I'm pretty gentle to my hair (as gentle as can be - minus the once in a blue moon hair dye on roots), and hardly ever use any heat, etc. on my hair.

I do use clarifying shampoo ONCE in a blue moon, even tried the vinegar rinse once (nothing works). 

I have also tried pretty much every shampoo possibility out there (hair soaps recommended on this site, cheaper shampoos, more expensive shampoos, shampoos with no sulfate, etc.).  I must agree I'm not very foo foo in my habits, but I would LOVE to experience the shine/color that others do with henna, indigo, etc., as much as I enjoy the health benefits it offers.

Thanks!

Jora