Not a Henna Virgin anymore (w/pics)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
keltoi28
Not a Henna Virgin anymore (w/pics)

Well I FINALLY got to get my henna paste out to play for the first time. WOW I see the biggest issue in using bottles, it's really frustrating trying to fill them (just ordered a 'Celebration Kit' today so mylar cones will be coming, yay). I definitely neeed to get it a bit thinner next time, it was too pasty and 'gloppy', but at least I got to get a feel for it. Here's a few pics of with paste, and about three days later- the paste was on for 4.5 hours cuz the Ms. didn't want to go to bed with it on.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/keltoi28/hennaturtle1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/keltoi28/hennafirst.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/keltoi28/hennafirstdeveloped2.jpg

HennaforMorgan
Re: Not a Henna Virgin anymore (w/pics)

Very nice!! Probably better than my first attempt!   One reminder, is that you are not "writing a letter", you are "decorating a cake".  In other words you should try not to touch the tip to the skin because it makes little furrows and causes the henna paste to stain unevenly.  Rather think of yourself decorating a cake, you kind of hover just over the skin and it will drape and lay nicely without the furrow down the middle.  This will all come as you practice practice, practice. Have fun!!

keltoi28
Re: Not a Henna Virgin anymore (w/pics)

Thanks for the tip on not tipping it :p  Better paste consistency will help, and some new 'tools' on the way may be helpful as well. :-)