How much paste?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sahara Henna
How much paste?

Hi everyone!

At the moment I am working hard to get my henna-business started. In summer I will have my first festival and I have no idea how much henna-paste I should make. 

Anybody can help me please?

Amal

Sahara Henna

Malynda
Re: How much paste?

It depends on how long the festival runs, the size of the designs you are doing and how quickly you henna.  My cones hold roughly 1oz of henna, making it easy to gauge how much paste we burn through per event.  At my busiest festivals, I use 5oz to 8oz of paste per artist - and these are "head down, don't eat, don't pee, don't stop, hennahennahenna" festivals.  At an average pace at a moderate festival of approx. 8 hours, I'll go through 2oz to 5oz per artist, depending on how busy we are. 

35 grams of powder is usually enough to last through a 5-8 hour festival for one artist.  But again, it depends on your speed and how much henna you lay down per customer.

Sahara Henna

Thank you so much for your advice Malynda!

The goes some hours and there are always many people. I will use only simple designs, for one I need only some minutes.

Heather

Henna materials are so cheap and the profit margin so high that I always bring an excessive amount of henna. Better to allow for the possibility of needing tons of henna but probably wasting a bit, than to find yourself busier than you thought and run out!

I use about 1oz (1 cone) of paste per hour work working at a moderate pace, and can go through 2oz per hour when working really fast on designs that use a lot more henna than average ("tribal" designs etc).

Typically I bring 2 cones per hour the festival is running so that I can be positive I won't run out.

One cone per hour should be fine, though.

It certainly does depend on how fast you work.
You'll learn a lot from this experience of your first festival!

Nicole

Definitely agree, would rather have too much than not enough.  And you can always sell or freeze what you don't use after!

Sahara Henna

Thank you all for your help!

If I have to much henna, I will invite my friends for henna-party ^^